How do I register and is there a registration fee?
Registration and scholarships are now closed
What are lodging and travel scholarships and how are they available?
Only a limited number of Lodging Scholarships and Travel Scholarships are available through our application process. Lodging and travel scholarships are intended to assist those attendees who might not otherwise be able to attend without such financial assistance. We kindly ask those applicants who have the means to do so, to please share in their own travel expenses so we may be able to assist as many applicants as possible.
- All scholarships will be limited to CRC patients/survivors, their caregivers and family members.
- Special preference will be given to first time patient/survivor attendees and newly diagnosed attendees.
- Applicants must live in the United States.
- Scholarships shall be awarded at the discretion of the Colon Cancer Alliance, and shall be fair and equal in all of its selection processes for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All scholarships will be awarded on a “first come” basis during the online registration process until funds are exhausted.
- Each attendee will need to apply separately and pay a $50 registration fee.
- The Colon Cancer Alliance reserves the right to adjust the award amounts and/or discontinue scholarships in case of extenuating circumstances.
- Air travel scholarship recipients will be mailed a check within 6 weeks.
Successful lodging scholarship recipients will receive two-night accommodations at the conference hotel and will be required to share a room with another lodging scholarship recipient.
- If your family member/caregiver also receives a lodging scholarship, you will be roomed together.
- If you would like to request another lodging scholarship recipient or attendee as your roommate, please request so in the registration process. If not, every attempt will be made to create room pairings based on gender and age.
Any additional nights beyond the 2 nights awarded will be the responsibility of the recipient. Lodging scholarships do not include incidentals such as phone calls, movies, room service and mini bar. Successful recipients will receive an email with their room reservation and roommate information. If you receive a lodging scholarship, please do not make a room reservation; your room reservations will be made for you.
How do I apply for a scholarship?
Scholarships are now closed
Will I get a confirmation email after I apply?
Yes. Air travel, parking, and lodging scholarship recipients will be electronically notified with additional forms, instructions and timelines to complete the award process. Please pay careful attention to scholarship award emails, as well associated timelines and due dates. All reimbursement forms and receipts must be returned to the Colon Cancer Alliance per established due dates before any travel scholarships will be considered final.
We understand that many attendees rely on the availability of a scholarship to attend and we will make every effort to expedite the scholarship approval and mailing process.